Guidelines for Use of the Collection
- All DAC materials, being archival, do not circulate.
- Eating or drinking inside the reading and listening room is not allowed.
- Only items necessary for research are allowed in the reading and listening room. Bags, briefcase, backpack, laptop case or other containers will not be allowed in the room.
- Patrons may use note paper and pencil. For other materials please check with the archivist (e.g. photo camera, laptop).
- Fill out and sign visitor's registration daily.
- Do not leave material unattended. Please notify the archivist when exiting the room.
- Some services incur fees - please inquire.
- Keep all flat materials on the table.
- Avoid writing on paper placed on top of archival material.
- Gloves will be provided to protect archival materials. Keep your gloves on at all times.
- Only two items may be used at a time (e.g. two LP, or two cassettes).
- Only one folder may be requested at a time.
- Keep materials in order.
- All duplication orders are payable in advance.
- Photocopying of rare and fragile materials is not permitted, though such items may sometimes be reproduced by other methods.
- Photocopies are made within copyright law limits by the Sound and Image Department staff only.
- Materials used for publication, exhibition, or display must be credited to:
The Diaz-Ayala Cuban and Latin American Popular Music Collection, Florida International University Library.
- The Sound and Image Department at FIU Library does not claim copyright for any item in the collection. Copies for transmission, broadcast, reproduction, publishing, etc., not covered by fair use, require the written permission of the copyright owners. The user assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and fees as well as any infringement of United States copyright law (U.S. Code, Title 17)
- Copyright Release Form to download and fax to 305-348-3010.
- Copyright Guidelines including fair use of copyrighted materials for teaching, learning, and research.
- Link to Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the US scroll to "Sound Recordings" (Cornell Copyright Information Center, updated 01/10/2008).
- The Sound and Image Dept. and the Library specifically disclaim any and all liability for any loss or damages which may be incurred, directly or indirectly, as a result of the use of the information in the DAC, or for any omissions or errors contained in this collection.
- We would greatly appreciate it if the researcher provides the library with a copy or report of the final work.